18 September 2017

Tokyo and Urawa, 2017

I've just returned from Japan where I gave talks at the Urawa Art Museum and at Blue and White in Tokyo, and I wanted to give a quick report.


Shinjuku, Tokyo

I traveled to Japan to see the exhibit, MUSUBU, that I co-curated and to give a talk. Read more about MUSUBU in my previous post.





The exhibit space in the Urawa Art Museum was beautiful and the show was thoughtfully installed. We had a good size crowd that first day and visitors seemed genuinely interested in the work.











After I had made travel plans I was invited by Amy Katoh to give a talk at her iconic Tokyo shop, Blue and White





Such a beautifully curated shop that celebrates items handmade, hand dyed, and hand stitched in Japan.









I was only in Tokyo a week but packed quite a bit in. If you would like to see more photos please go on over to my Instagram account or my Facebook business page

Nezu Museum, Tokyo

Arigatou Gozaimasu to everyone who made our stay in Japan a fabulous one!

Later this week I re-pack my bags as I head to Taos, New Mexico to co-teach with Diane Ericson at the Mabel Dodge Luhan house. More on that when I return, or follow along on Instagram!




1 comment:

  1. Shared to my timeline on Facebook and to Boro Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/boromottainai/

    I lived in Saitama ken in Kita Urawa for a year. This post made me feel nostalgic. Thank you for sharing your travels.

    ReplyDelete